Monday, October 7, 2013


I decided to do three more characters in my medieval batman series.  I did Robin, Bane, and Two Face.  Robin has light armor and I pictured as a good archer.  Bane obviously is an executioner.  Two-face and Robin I took a little more liberty with.  There isn't a medieval character that has half a face as far as I know so I had a little more freedom designing him and wasn't transposing him as I did with the other characters.  Meaning, Joker to a jester, Bane to an executioner etc.  I gave him a disfigured half face and armor on his right arm.  I never liked the half and half costumes, and I feel this sort of hints at it without being completely obvious.

I also forgot to mention in the first post that I did these to test out scanning pencil drawings and manipulating them to look like ink drawings.  The original batman was a 20 something minute sketch out of my sketchbook and the rest are similar amounts of time.  The process still needs some tweaking, but I'd say it has promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment